Hilltop is well-known and highly regarded in the Early Childhood Education community, for our pedagogical approach to working with children and families. In response to consistent requests from colleagues for trainings, tours, and consultations, Hilltop launched a professional development Institute in 2013. The Hilltop Educator Institute coordinates Study Days at Hilltop, hosts an ongoing Educator Discussion Series, and provides coaching for other schools, facilitated by Hilltop’s own educators.
Educator Discussion Series
- Our discussion series with guest speakers
- Innovative topics and speakers
- Designed for educators and families
- Times may vary, click for more details!
- Observe reflective practice in action
- Earn 6 WA STARS hours through DEL
- Explore pedagogical documentation
- Our most popular offering!
Coaching and Consulting
- Project-based consulting
- Presentations & special events
- Mentoring for educators
- Organizational development
- Multi-day visits for program leaders
- examine infrastructures for reflection
- Brainstorm changes for your program
“I observed interactions that were calm, authentic, and totally embedded in the program structure and routine. I have been studying Emergent Curriculum for years. Seeing your program was affirming to my philosophy and strengthens my resolve to keep helping my students move in this direction. I was impressed by how natural and home-like the environment is, the collaboration among the faculty, and the mentoring systems that support teacher development. Hilltop is a true Emergent program!“ – Nancy Ledbetter, Nashville State Community College