WHY BECOME A FACULTY MEMBER AT HILLTOP?
Our organization is comprised of a close-knit group of passionate and friendly team players. When we’re looking for candidates to join our team, we look to find people who will bring inspiration, a sense of humor, professionalism, and kindness each day! Working here, you’ll make life-long friends and develop a support system from all of us! Bring your knowledge and be open to learn from all of us too!
We are internationally recognized as an organization for early childhood education (ECE) and as a professional development and training organization for educators and administrators. Our organization has been providing and promoting child-centered early education for young children for 50 years. Drawing inspiration from various early childhood theories and from anti-bias curriculum, our faculty engages daily in rigorous reflective practice – collaboratively designing our environment and curriculum around the emerging interests and curiosities of children. Through the Institute, our outreach program, we strengthen our teaching practice alongside our colleagues and partners in the field.
We are, first and foremost, an organization of inquiry – for children, families, faculty, and colleagues in the early childhood field. Our educators are early learning professionals dedicated to celebrating the wonders of childhood alongside children, while also deepening their practice with children through regular reflection and study.
We are closely guided by our vision: We honor and trust children, engage families, and inspire educators to create a more just and joyful world; by our mission: We are transforming early childhood education through play, collaboration, and reflection: in our classrooms with children, partnerships with families, and professional development with educators; and by our values: Learning in Relationship, Emergent Curriculum, Leadership in Community, and Organizational Integrity.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
Our core values are focused on creating a child-centered environment within a structure of professional and knowledgeable educators. Among these educators we expect the most nurturing and passionate early childhood education (ECE) enthusiasts! An educator here is not only experienced and nurturing, but they are also passionate and creative with their curriculum design. Our educators are great communicators and enjoy collaborating with their colleagues and the greater ECE community! If you LOVE early childhood education and you have a passion for creating beautiful classroom environments while collaborating with others, this could be the place for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer, pursuing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. Applicants of color, men, LGBTQ+ and candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
WHAT ARE THE PERKS OF WORKING HERE?
- Once per week, meet with your team to discuss children in your classroom and growth opportunities for the program
- Be inspired four times per year during our quarterly in-service professional development days
- Grow in your career in our outreach program by facilitating trainings, being an ambassador for visitors, publishing articles, participating in community reflective practice, and more…
- Family-friendly work environment; 75% employee discount (infants/toddlers), 50% employee discount (early preschool/preschool), 25% employee discount (prek/school-age) for childcare, flexible schedules, paid vacations, paid holidays (including your birthday), and more…
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits for employee cost coverage by the organization
- Fun and creative work environment