GiveBig on Giving Tuesday to celebrate 50 years of Hilltop!
This year, Hilltop turns 50, and we want to continue doing this important and impactful work for another 50 years! Help us celebrate our Golden anniversary by supporting Hilltop’s GiveBig fundraiser on Giving Tuesday this November 30th! The money we raise from our GiveBig 2021 campaign will go towards building our scholarship fund so that we can continue to welcome more diverse families into our Hilltop community.
As a small nonprofit that maximizes its resources, and like many other small organizations, the pandemic has presented a huge challenge to our financial stability. Hilltop relies on enrollment and tuition in order to honor all of our commitments; unfortunately, our significant capacity reductions over the past 18 months have created a deficit that we are working to resolve. We are asking past supporters and donors of Hilltop to stand with us to ensure the bright futures of children with a gift to continue our mission of building on the wonders of childhood.
The beauty of the GiveBig campaign is that your donations can be matched by employers like Google, Verizon, Starbucks and Microsoft. Maximize your gift by utilizing your employer matching funds program and double the impact by pooling donations with family and friends as well as other families in the Hilltop community!
Some facts about Giving Tuesday:
- GivingTuesday is a global day of generosity that will take place on November 30th, 2021.
- GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
- GivingTuesday strives to build a world in which the catalytic power of generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, unlocking dignity, opportunity, and equity around Scan_0195the globe.
- GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past 8 years, this idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
- GivingTuesday is an opportunity for people around the world to stand together in unity—to use their individual power of generosity to remain connected and heal.
- At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
- GivingTuesday emphasizes opportunities to give back to communities and causes in safe ways that allow for social connection and kindness even while practicing physical distancing.
We realize not everyone is able to give at this time but thank you in advance for the continued concern and support you have shown. Please take care of yourself, and one another.
Siri Mayo Scholarship Campaign
Siri Mayo was a child who believed in making the world a better place. The Siri Mayo Scholarship Fund was founded in Siri’s memory after she passed away in 2005, when she was nine. Siri lived with humor and zest; her eyes twinkled, offering a joyful invitation into play, conversation, and sweet companionship. Siri’s friends from Hilltop helped establish the Siri Fund in 2006 to honor Siri and the gift she was to all who knew her. Our goal is to help families overcome financial barriers to participating in the Hilltop program. Hilltop is pleased to honor the values of friendship and diversity that Siri held dear.