Hilltop Children’s Center is not just a great place to work; it’s a great place to be! Working with children is a great responsibility, but very rewarding. We are looking for qualified educators and staff to join the growing learning community.
WHO WE ARE
Hilltop Children’s Center is an internationally recognized center of early learning. Hilltop has been providing and promoting child-centered early education for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years for over 50 years! Drawing inspiration from the schools of Reggio Emilia, Italy, Hilltop’s faculty engages daily in rigorous reflective practice – collaboratively designing curriculum and environment around the emerging interests and curiosities of children. Hilltop is first and foremost, a center of inquiry – for children, families and faculty. Our educators are early learning professionals dedicated to celebrating the wonders of childhood alongside children, while also deepening their practice with children through regular reflection and study. As a center, we are committed to our vision of Hilltop as a place where:
- Children are valued for their ability to do meaningful work, their wonder and curiosity, their perspectives, and ability to play
- Families are valued for their bonds and traditions, their ability to play, their commitment to work, home and community, and their dreams for their children
- Faculty are valued for their vision, their delight in children, their skill and knowledge, their commitment to families
Full-Time Toddler Educator – We are seeking a primary educator who is passionate about working with toddler children. This position is 40 hours/week, 5 days/week – September to August.
Full-Time Infant Educator – We are seeking a primary educator who is passionate about working with infants 6 weeks-15 months. This position is 40 hours/week, 5 days/week – September to August.
Support Educator or Substitutes – We are seeking several support educators who are passionate, creative, intentional, and reflective in their work with children. Full-time support educators (40 hours/week, 5 days/week – September to August) will be assigned a specific age range/development and will support two classroom teams. Part-time substitutes will be on call and will support primary educators away from the centers for illness or preplanned time away.
Our Educators are valued for their ability to:
- remain flexible to changing needs of the daily schedule and move from classroom to classroom as requested by the Program Supervisor
- create ongoing relationships with all classroom staff, children, and families
- take direction from classroom staff
- support and encourage learning moments amidst the frequent transitions they encounter
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS:
The most competitive candidates will have 2+ years teaching experience and have a degree in Education or a related field. We are looking for educators who have:
- a commitment to reflective work with children
- an eagerness to collaborate with co-teachers and families
- a fervor for on-going professional development and growth
- a disposition towards research and inquiry
- fluency attending to the micro- and macro- layers of experience in the classroom
- engaging communication and interpersonal skills with children, peers and families
- strength in creating partnerships with children, families and adults
- experience designing curriculum responsive to children’s emerging interests
- familiarity with emergent curriculum, Reggio practice, and anti-bias approaches
- community enrichment/volunteer experience
- a long-term commitment to early learning
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com today!
These position requires successful background check and reference checks. Positions will remain open until filled.
Hilltop is an equal opportunity employer, pursuing diversity and valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. Teachers of color, LGBT and others are encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION: Salary starting range is commensurate with experience/education, 100% medical/dental health coverage, guaranteed raises, generous leave accrual, flexible leave policy, extensive paid planning each week, weekly team meeting time and outstanding on-site professional development opportunities.