Employment Opportunities – We are hiring!
Hilltop Children’s Center and Hilltop Educator Institute are internationally recognized as a school for early childhood education (ECE) and as a professional development and training organization for educators and administrators. Hilltop has been providing and promoting child-centered early education for young children for almost 50 years. Drawing inspiration from the schools of Reggio Emilia, Italy and from Anti-Bias Curriculum, Hilltop’s faculty engages daily in rigorous reflective practice – collaboratively designing our environment and curriculum around the emerging interests and curiosities of children. Through the Institute, we strengthen our teaching practice alongside our colleagues and partners in the field.
Hilltop is, first and foremost, a center of inquiry – for children, families, faculty, and colleagues in the early childhood field. Our educators are early learning professionals dedicated to celebrating the wonders of childhood alongside children, while also deepening their practice with children through regular reflection and study.
We are closely guided by our vision: Hilltop honors and trusts children, engages families, and inspires educators to create a more just and joyful world; by our mission: Hilltop is transforming early childhood education through play, collaboration, and reflection: in our classrooms with children, partnerships with families, and professional development with educators; and by our values of Learning in Relationship, Emergent Curriculum, Leadership in Community, and Organizational Integrity.
Hilltop is an equal opportunity employer, pursuing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. Applicants of color, men, LGBTQ+ and candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
Our Core Values
- Learning in Relationship – We believe in reciprocal influence
- Emergent Curriculum – We believe learning should be self-led and is constructed through experiences, inquiry, and reflection
- Leadership in Community – We believe that collective contributions lead to bold action
- Organizational Integrity – We believe that root tending creates stability and intentional growth
Support Educator(s) (FT)
We are seeking full-time (40 hours/week) Support Educators who are passionate, creative, intentional, and reflective in their work with children. These positions will support teaching teams in different classrooms in implementing emergent curriculum through observation, documentation, and in dynamically designing the classroom environment. We seek teachers who are eager to grow their practice as researchers, learners, and facilitators in collaboration with children, their families, and colleagues. Potential job growth and advancement opportunities may be available.
The Support Educator is valued for their ability to:
- remain flexible and quickly adapt to the specific needs of each classroom and teaching team
- create ongoing relationships with all classroom staff, children, and families
- take direction and feedback from classroom faculty
- have a strong attention to detail
- communicate effectively and openly, and demonstrate strong sense of self-awareness and reflectiveness
- Candidates should have at least 2-3 years of experience in an educational setting, preferably in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent
- Reliable & punctual, with sense of humor, flexible, and sociable
- A disposition toward children that is respectful & reflective
- Highly desired qualification: a degree in a related field
HOW TO APPLY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a job-specific cover letter and resume outlining your experience and education. This position requires successful background check and reference checks. Positions will remain open until filled. Hilltop is an equal opportunity employer, pursuing diversity and valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. Teachers of color, LGBT, men and others are encouraged to apply.