Employment Opportunities- We are hiring!
Hilltop Children’s Center is an internationally recognized school and professional development institute of early learning. Hilltop has been providing and promoting child-centered early education for children aged 2 to 10 for over 40 years. Drawing inspiration from the schools of Reggio Emilia, Italy, Hilltop’s faculty engages daily in collaboratively designing curriculum and environment around the emerging interests and curiosities of children — and participates in the professional development institute.
Hilltop is first and foremost, a center of inquiry. Our educators are early learning professionals dedicated to celebrating the wonders of childhood alongside children, while also deepening their teaching practice with children through reflection and study.
Hilltop’s four values of Emergent Curriculum, Learning in Relationship, Leadership in Community, and Organizational Integrity guide our daily teaching practices. To be successful at Hilltop, faculty remain anchored in these values, as well as demonstrating proficiency in five core competencies as they interact with children, families, coworkers, and the field of early childhood education. Those core competencies are:
- Reflection: To Think
- Curiosity: To Ask
- Initiative: To Act
- Collaboration: To Partner
- Emotional Intelligence: To Navigate
Hilltop is an equal opportunity employer, pursuing diversity and valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. Teachers of color, LGBTQ, men, and others are encouraged to apply.
Substitute Early Childhood Educator (Fremont/Queen Anne)
Join us in building on the wonders of childhood.
WHO WE ARE:
Hilltop Children’s Center is an internationally recognized center of early learning. Hilltop has been providing and promoting child-centered early education for children aged 2 to 12 for over 40 years! Drawing inspiration from the schools of Reggio Emilia, Italy, Hilltop’s faculty engages daily in rigorous reflective practice – collaboratively designing curriculum and environment around the emerging interests and curiosities of children.
Hilltop is first and foremost, a center of inquiry – for children, families and faculty. Our educators are early learning professionals dedicated to celebrating the wonders of childhood alongside children, while also deepening their practice with children through regular reflection and study
We are closely guided by our vision: Hilltop honors and trusts children, engages families, and inspires educators to create a more just and joyful world; by our mission: Hilltop is transforming early childhood education through play, collaboration, and reflection: in our classrooms with children, partnerships with families, and professional development with educators; and by our values of Learning in Relationship, Emergent Curriculum, Leadership in Community, and Organizational Integrity.
HOW YOU FIT IN:
We are seeking on-call substitute educators who are passionate, creative, intentional, and reflective in their work with children. We seek substitute teachers who value and promote children’s play; are curious about child perspective; understand child guidance in a development context; are alert to the learning process of each child; model anti‐ bias practices and cultural sensitivity; are able to work in collaboration with other teachers; are flexible with the changing needs of the schedule and comfortable with moving from classroom to classroom; have the ability to take initiative; and are diligent about health and safety. Potential job growth and advancement opportunities may be available. Note: Substitute employees are employed on an as needed, on-call, day-to-day basis and are not guaranteed a minimum number of hours per week.
- Responsible for supporting teachers in facilitating child-centered, Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum which encourages long stretches of open play
- Assist teachers with implementation of the daily program, and conducting activities
- Supervise classroom; stay alert to developing situations and needs of the children
- Communicate with teachers and administrators
- Assist with lunch & snack periods, clean-up, helping maintain the classroom environment
- Engage with children in a non-directive way (reading, facilitating play, and helping children to work out disagreements among themselves….)
- Guiding and encouraging social interactions and exploration, rather simply entertaining children
- Greet parents and share stories of their child’s day
- Candidates should have at least 1 year experience in an educational setting, preferably in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent.
- Reliable & punctual, with sense of humor, flexible, and sociable.
- A disposition toward children that is respectful & reflective
HOW TO APPLY
Please email Nick Schmidt (email@example.com) with a job-specific cover letter and resume outlining your experience and education. This position requires successful background check and reference checks. Positions will remain open until filled. Hilltop is an equal opportunity employer, pursuing diversity and valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. Teachers of color, LGBT, men and others are encouraged to apply.
Salary starting range is $12.00 hourly (DOE/E) with annual raise consideration.